2020 is coming to a close and for obvious reasons it has been an interesting year for us all. Aside from the obvious the year had a number of challenges for me as it was the longest period I have been without a ‘job’ since I first started full-time work over 24 years ago.
I am thankful that to a large degree I don’t need to work however I still find having a professional focus and purpose is a critical part of who I am.
It wasn’t too difficult to fill my time and for the last few months have been focused on establishing my new business.
Here is brief recap of some of the achievements of which I am both proud and grateful for:
- Moved into a new House with my family here in Budapest
- In February visited friends and family in New Zealand and then a conference in the UK before air travel ceased for the remainder of the year
- Supported my family working/schooling from home
- Went for 138 runs, covering over 1370km – my biggest year yet – though a couple of injuries prevented me achieving what I had hoped, I did manage four solo Half Marathons – my first for over 10 years
- 177 Sessions of mindfulness/meditation
- Read 45 Books – an increase on 2019 but down on my book/week target
- Learnt Swift & SwiftUI (basic level) and created numerous prototypes of various ideas
- Wrote 70+ Blog Posts (I had some catching up to do and the Cadimage Story ended up about 10 times longer then expected)
- Continued my work with Buildmedia and helped Gareth, Tim and Mandy navigate the covid challenges
- Established Cerulean Labs and raised early capital from friends and family and completed our first [private] release
2021 is shaping up to be an exciting year and I can’t wait to get into it